|Pos||No||Player||Guar $||Guar $||Pos||No||Player|
|LWR||84||GALLOWAY, JOEY U/Pit||$0||$10,000,000||LWR||80||Johnson, Andre 03/1|
|RWR||89||MOSS, SANTANA T/NYJ||$10,000,000||$8,000,000||RWR||83||Walter, Kevin R/Cin|
|LT||72||Williams, Trent 10/1||$36,750,000||$6,515,000||LT||76||Brown, Duane 08/1|
|LG||66||DOCKERY, DERRICK 03/3||$8,200,000||$5,250,000||LG||74||Smith, Wade U/KC|
|C||61||RABACH, CASEY U/Bal||$4,200,000||$3,000,000||C||55||Myers, Chris T/Den|
|RG||75||HICKS, ARTIS U/Min||$1,000,000||$804,250||RG||62||Caldwell, Antoine 09/3|
|RT||77||Brown, Jammal T/NO||$0||$10,000,000||RT||73||Winston, Eric 06/3|
|TE||47||Cooley, Chris 04/3||$14,000,000||$0||TE||81||Daniels, Owen 06/4|
|QB||5||MCNABB, DONOVAN T/Phi||$3,500,000||$7,000,000||QB||8||Schaub, Matt T/Atl|
|FB||45||SELLERS, MIKE CF98||$1,000,000||$1,600,000||FB||44||Leach, Vonta SF06|
|RB||26||Portis, Clinton T/Den||$9,325,500||$0||RB||23||Foster, Arian CF09|
|LDE||94||Carriker, Adam T/SL||$0||$12,500,000||LDE||94||Smith, Antonio U/Arz|
|NT||96||KEMOEATU, MA'AKE CC/Car||$300,000||$500,000||NT||95||Cody, Shaun U/Det|
|RDE||64||Golston, Kedric 06/6||$0||$12,500,000||RDT||91||Okoye, Amobi 07/1|
|LOLB||98||Orakpo, Brian 09/1||$12,100,000||$26,500,000||RDE||90||Williams, Mario 06/1|
|LILB||59||FLETCHER, LONDON U/Buf||$10,500,000||$452,500||SLB||52||Adibi, Xavier 08/4|
|RILB||52||McIntosh, Rocky 06/2||$0||$21,750,000||MLB||59||Ryans, DeMeco 06/2|
|ROLB||99||CARTER, ANDRE U/SF||$9,000,000||$56,915||WLB||54||Diles, Zac 07/7|
|LCB||22||Rogers, Carlos 05/1||$0||$490,250||LCB||29||Quin, Glover 09/4|
|SS||30||Landry, LaRon 07/1||$17,500,000||$0||SS||31||Pollard, Bernard SF09|
|FS||37||Doughty, Reed RFA/2||$0||$6,000,000||FS||26||WILSON, EUGENE SF08|
|RCB||23||Hall, DeAngelo SF08||$21,500,000||$9,710,000||RCB||25||Jackson, Kareem 10/1|
|Special Teams||$0||$750,000||Special Teams|
|P||6||BIDWELL, JOSH CC/TB||$0||$400,000||P||1||TURK, MATT SF07|
|PK||4||Gano, Graham SF09||$0||$350,000||PK||4||RACKERS, NEIL U/Arz|
|LS||57||Sundberg, Nick SF10||$0||$0||LS||46||Weeks, Jonathan CF10|
|TEAM TOTAL||$158,875,500||$143,378,915||TEAM TOTAL|
Notes from the Individual Starters Analysis:
- Last week's opponent, the Cowboys, had invested $147M in guaranteed money to its offensive starters; this week's opponent, the Texans, have committed $143M in total to offensive & defensive starters.
- the high-powered Texans offense has great contract value relative to productivity in quarterback Matt Schaub ($7M guaranteed) and running back Arian Foster ($0 guaranteed); Schaub could be in line for a new contract after 2010.
- Running back Arian Foster is in the final year of a deal that he signed when he was brought up from the Texans' practice squad in 2009; Foster will more than likely receive a relatively lucrative contract extension during the 2010 season.
- While the Texans' offense receives all the notoriety, it's on the defensive side of the ball where the organization has committed the most guaranteed money; primarily as a result of top ten picks Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye, while linebacker DeMeco Ryans received a 2nd contract that made him one of the highest paid inside linebackers in the game.
- The Texans have a lot of young talent, and while Ryans has been taken care via a contract extension, the club could not agree to a long-term commitment with cornerback Dunta Robinson who left via free agency to become one of the highest paid corners in the game. Tight end Owen Daniels looks to return to pre-ACL tear form, as he looks to possibly become one of the highest paid tight ends in the game. 2007 7th round pick Zac Diles is in the final year of his rookie contract, and with a 12 tackle week one performance, could be working towards a contract extension.
- Defensive end Mario Williams has 2010 & 2011 left on his deal; in leveraging the uncapped year, it would not be a surprise for the Texans to look to do an extension this season with Williams, making him one of the highest paid defenders in the game.
- For consecutive weeks, the $36M left tackle Trent Williams faces another elite & lucratively paid defensive end in $26.5M defensive end Mario Williams
|Trenches + QB||$54,650,000||$74,259,415||Front 7|
|Front 7||$31,900,000||$34,169,250||Trenches + QB|
|Special Teams||Special Teams|
|Team Total||$158,875,500||$143,378,915||Team Total|